Email List Management Software
It’s hard to find email list management software or spam trap removal shareware that can match and remove suppressions you have been storing, especially for MAC. Here are some software programs that can save you time with some really cool features they provide for Windows and Mac:
When we started our company (eHygienics), before we wrote our own proprietary software, we used Optin-Soft to clean our client’s data. You can view their details on our resource page. It’s a Windows based program that has many features:
• Extract and clean emails from csv, text or data files. How it cleans are determined by the settings you use. Out of the box, you will need to have your own suppressions in order to clean the emails.
• Merge e-mail lists by selecting two and pointing where to save.
• Remove addresses by a static list of emails, domains, dot endings, strings and other cool features.
• Keep or filter addresses by selecting suppressions.
• Make a sample for random selection.
• Separate addresses by endings, domains, strings and emails.
• Seed addresses in order to track your data.
• Split file into two or more files at any sizes you want.
• Join lists if both have different headers.
• Count email addresses.
• Build an e-mail list from random multiple sources.
• Randomize any list(s).
• Sort lists alphabetically or numerically.
• Miscellaneous utilities. This is important because when we were using OptinSoft back in 2009, we asked them to make several changes to the software for our client needs. They built all sorts of utilities that allowed us to manipulate the databases.
• Verify domains if they are registered with name servers.
• Can scrub huge amounts of data. We scrubbed a 20 GB file once. As long as you have a powerful machine (32 gb of ram and over) you can scrub large files with this software.
Keep in mind that OptinSoft became antiquated for our needs so we had to build a larger inhouse program to replace it back in 2010. With OptinSoft, there are no API’s and there are no suppressions added to the program. It is simply just a tool to help you manipulate email lists with huge power. If you are looking for just a Spam Trap Removal Service, this is not a fit.
Unfortunately, for MAC there are few selections and/or options for manipulating data. Again, if you’re looking to just remove Email Spam Traps, this article only focuses on the software that can match and remove suppressions so you’re in the wrong place. If you want to Remove Spam Traps, you will have to collect them yourself or look for a company that has a static list or can remove the traps via IP’s. Back to MAC, there is a cool little program that can match and remove emails only for MAC. It’s called Scrubbly and it’s, according to them, “The fastest & easiest desktop list scrubbing application”.
It’s a great tool to match and remove email addresses but it doesn’t have the full features that OptiSoft has. It’s also really cheap at $59 for Windows or MAC. I tested it out and it works great. Another downfall is you cannot match and remove multiple suppressions. In example, let’s say you have a static list of bounces and a static list of unsubscribes. You cannot add your list to the other two at the same time. You will have to do one at a time.
Also, Scrubbly doesn’t remove duplicates. It’s basically just a quick solution for an email marketer with a small list and a few suppressions. I cannot confirm it does multi-column support.
If you do a quick search for List Management Software or Email List Management, you will definitely come up short. There are a few out there for free and you definitely do not want to download those. Nothing is free and they most certainly come with malware.